You might be able to get this ETA if:
- you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business visitor purposes
- you hold an eligible passport.
Reason for stay
You can apply if you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business purposes.
Tourist activities include holidays, recreation or seeing family and friends.
Business visitor activities include:
- making general business or employment enquiries
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
Business activities do not include short-term work. If you want to work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400).
To apply, you must hold a passport issued by one of the countries or regions listed below. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA.